Founded in 1978, industry-leading manufacturer of Mobile Electronics. They strive to answer the demands of consumers and automakers for high-quality, competitively-priced products. From leading categories to creating them has been at the forefront of innovations when it comes to audio-visual products for your vehicle. Their philosophy combines intelligent engineering and a constant pursuit of superior materials to create products that delight your ears with the music you love.
With multiple locations and divisions worldwide, the company wanted to consolidate their California warehouse/office operations by leasing a new, larger building central to their current operations. The new, consolidated setup required less office space, and more room for warehouse operations and storage.
C&SS was involved early in the process, and was able help design the ideal setup and then work backwards to utilize all the companies existing racking and shelving. There was a shelving catwalk for small parts, which was designed as all floor-level shelving to avoid stairs with more floor space. In addition to reusing all their existing pallet racking material, there was more available space for pallet storage. CSS was able to maximize pallet storage with the rack design, and match the additional material required.
C&SS was ablet to deliver the entire turn-key solution for the relocation in 4 months. Getting involved early allowed 1 contact from C&SS to learn the operations of the existing locations, as well as measure and design the new warehouse. This also allowed for a detailed quote/breakdown, which allowed the manufacturer to sure up their budget for the move.
C&SS was able to work with and to have a detailed plan, including phases of teardown at existing locations and installation at the new warehouse. This allowed coordination within divisions of the company, and reduced disruption to operations while they moved. With an excellent in-house crew, C&SS was able to adapt the plan as needed, as well as keep material organized.
C&SS delivered a custom-tailored solution for the client, meeting or exceeding their goals with the following:
• Relocated 2 locations and 3 divisions into 1 facility efficiently without major disruption to operations
• Reused 150 bays of pallet rack and added 70 bays using comparable material
• Repurposed shelving catwalk to use as floor-level shelving system
• Provided design, detailed quote, material, relocation, and permit promptly
Throughout the initial discovery on through to the end, C&SS contributed to quality solutions with:
• Willing and ability to relocate manufacturer’s existing storage material, reducing the overall cost of relocation
• Early consultation of design and operations with respect to fire code, providing confidence to proceed without compliance issues after move
• First class service with one point of contact for all C&SS involvement, providing peace of mind for a smooth relocation